Thursday 20 January 2011

Paper-piecing Challenge


I've had such a slow crafting start this year, I feel pretty bad about it.  I had a very nice project all laid out, the "I'll take one of everything bag", a pattern from Anna Maria Horner's book Seams to me. I had ordered the fabric especially for this project and went as far as cutting out the paper pattern from the book. Then I spent an evening trying different layouts with the fabric, and calculating how to cut it so I would still have enough for the lining and the braided handles.  I never came to a final decision and the project is still waiting, the fabric neatly piled up on the end of my ironing board.  This was meant to be my project for this month's Craft Book Challenge, but now I have to switch to something else because there is no way I can make this bag over the weekend.

So I took out my vintage fabric scraps and decided to make a paper-pieced pincushion I've had my eye on for quite a while.  I only had time to get started on a few pieces tonight, but hopefully I can put it together this weekend.  It promises to take quite a few hours, though, as it will all be hand sewn.

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment