Wednesday 17 March 2010

Pillowcase Frenzy


I don't know when or how, but I've become a little obsessed with pillowcases lately. I am still patiently working on Cassie's On The Edge Crochet Along, and we're getting closer and closer to the most dreaded - yet fascinating - part: the crochet border. I have sewn the pillowcase "with flap" without any trouble and I am very pleased with the result, but I won't show it here until is is complete (or ruined, haha) with the crochet border.

However, I've been working on another pillowcase project of my own, pictured above. I used a very quick and easy technique, the tube method, shown on AllPeopleQuilt, which I discovered thanks to my big sister.

All you need is too yards of coordinating fabrics to make two matching pillowcases in no time. My boyfriend likes cows (please don't ask why) and I, well, love Keri Beyer fabrics, as The Quilt shows without any doubt, so I had to get some Urban Farm as the main fabric for his pillowcase, and I matched it with lovely dots in light blue for mine.

I am sure I'll be making some more of these in the near future.

Sylvie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my tutorial. I also notice that you've got me listed on your side bar as a favourite blog - very cool! Be sure to send me a picture of your notebook if you make one and I'll post it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete