Sunday 7 February 2010

Ready, Set, Quilt!

About a year ago I got a revelation, while reading some gorgeous quilting blogs. I got it in my little head that I, too, was going to make a quilt. A wise voice (don't know where that came from) was telling me that it was a silly notion and that I should wait until I had more sewing experience, and so I put it off for the time being.

Las December, on Sew, Mama, Sew's Giveaway Day, I was very lucky and won this, thanks to Leisel. Amazing, isn't it? I was very excited because this it one of my favorite collections and I already had a few of these fabrics, but did not know what to make of them to really show them off.

I am sure you can see where I am going. It only took the right quilt pattern to get me started. So now it looks like I really am going to make a quilt, even though the wise voice (still don't know where it comes from) keeps telling me how crazy I am.

I got all my squares cut in the last week and have been playing with them, trying different layouts. I still have about a zillion pieces to cut for the borders, but at least I've got a start.


I am pretty confident about the cutting and piecing and binding parts. What scares me is the actual quilting, on which I don't have much information.

Luckily, I came across this book at Winners for just 15$. It is actually the French translation to this one. It may not be the greatest sewing book, but I found in it a few answers and now feel a little less scared about the whole thing.

The rest, I guess, I will learn as I go.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment