Tuesday 28 April 2009

My bag and a walk in town

Wow, my first post was about this bag, and I've only just finished it last weekend. It sure took me some time, but I am very happy with the result. I like the country look of it, which fits very well in my home decor (or at least what I want my home decor to become...). Both sides are a little different, one is mostly reds and the other has more browns and greens.

We had a glimpse of summer last Saturday, when the temperature rose to almost 30 degrees. My boyfriend and I drove downtown and walked in beautiful old Quebec for the whole afternoon. If you have never had a chance to visit, let me take you on a little guided tour.


We started off at Place d'Youville and followed the walls of the fortifications.


Found the first flowers of the spring right across Parliament Hill.

Met some sheep behind Château Frontenac.

Admired the frescoes in Quartier Petit Champlain.


Spied on some cool roof terraces.


And walked down my favorite street, which is really a backstreet squeezed between the cliff and a busy street filled with restaurants and art galleries. This little street's name is Sous le Cap, which means something like Under the Cliff.

I couldn't resist taking one more picture of this favorite spot, Passage du Chien, or Dog's Lane if you prefer, a cute little dark alley.

And this other one, hum I guess I have a thing for dark alleys! This one is under the Musée de la Civilisation

And we finished our day sitting on the quay at Pointe-à-Carcy, watching the boats on the St.Lawrence River.

Can't wait to have more of these summer days!

Sylvie

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your bag turned out great! I have just aquired some new and vintage plaids and I can't wait to make something with them.

    Thanks for sharing your photos of Quebec. I have never been and it was fun to see the sights a little. I too love little back streets and alley ways.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvie,
    I just love your purse...so pretty and the fabrics are great. Thank you for the wonderful tour of the city. So nice to see other parts of the world!
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bag - really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete