Sunday 10 April 2011

A mini makeover


This is the "new" couch that we bought last year.  We'd been wanting a red, country-looking couch for a long time and we just love it.  However, there is one thing about it that got me a little depressed:  its legs.


It had some cheap black plastic legs that I just couldn't stand.  There was nothing remotely country about those legs, and so we'd been talking about changing them for wooden legs instead.  We shopped for those, but they were either too big or too expensive.  I was not about to pay 20$ for one leg, however beautiful it might be.


We finally found what we were looking for at the flea market.  These are basic unfinished wooden legs, and for 3$ each, we took them home.  My boyfriend used some colored shellac on them and screwed them in place.


I like the new look much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment