Friday 7 May 2010

Sew & Tell - Just for fun

Ok, so this is not what I had planned to finish this week, but sometimes I get diverted from my main project and just want to have fun.

I got my copy of the new Stitch magazine last weekend and instantly fell in love with this:

I knew I had to make one for myself, and it could not wait. Of course, I don't have such beautiful passementerie as they have used, but a little search through my ribbon jar brought some great finds and I could assemble this little pincushion.



Don't forget to check out Amy's blog to find out this week's beautiful finished projects and to meet her sweet little Maggie.

Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I'd fall in love with it, too! Yours is gorgeous! Such cheerful colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd almost hate to put pins in something so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pincushion is SOOO lovely. I think I'll go make one right now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! In fact, it's so pretty, I'd hate to use it. Maybe you should just use it to decorate your sewing space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cheerful and beautiful! Sometimes it's good to do a little something special and unexpected....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you make me go back to the newssatnd and buy the magazine, after I'd shown so much self discipline two days ago! Your pincushion is too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this, you've done a beautiful job. I hve to get this great magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the same thing when I saw it in the magazine. Your looks just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I want to make one! The strawberries are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty with the fresh trims!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pincushion is cuteness overload. It's going to make you happy every time you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable! Love the ric rac and ribbon you found.

    ReplyDelete