Sunday 27 September 2009

Back to the sewing room

I have been away from the computer for a long time, trying to make the most of the wonderful weather we have had in September. Summer here has been all cold and rain, so I tried to make up for all the wasted time.

Now the rain is back and I will be spending more time indoors, downstairs in my little craft room. Lately I have been working on some quick and easy projects, just to get reaquainted with my sewing machine.

These book covers are a real charm to make and very easy to adjust to any book size. I made the pink one for my sister and kept the blue one for myself.

I also made this bag for my sister, but I am thinking of making one for myself too. I recycled a fabric shower curtain to make it and I like the fact that it has three pockets. I think it would be great as a library bag. The pattern, a super easy one, comes from this book.

Next up, I have to start working on some Christmas gifts, and a special request from my boyfriend who wants to have a pencil case for his upcoming return to school.

Sylvie

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Your book covers are so beautiful! Thank you very much for making them.
    By the way,,, you are the winner of my giveaway! Could you please send me your address? My e-mail is maimairuru(at)gmail(dot)com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete